Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My Mac book pro is frozen. I can move the curser, but it

My Mac book pro is frozen. I can move the curser, but it responds to no clicks. I have tried option/command/eject to soft-boot the system but nothing happens. Help is appreciated!
Hi there. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

We can Force Turn off your Mac. Press and hold down the Power button for 10 seconds and your Mac will turn off. Then we can reset the PRAM and NVRAM of your Mac and turn it back on.

1. Make sure your Mac is turned off
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command(Apple), Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn it back on and immediately hold down the Command(Apple)-Option-P-R keys.
  4. Release the keys when you hear the startup/chime sound for 3 times.
  5. Let the Mac boot up.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I did that a disk utility screen came up?
I went to the apple menu and clicked restart. Restarted same issue.

Should I try it again?
Yes, make sure you hold down those keys simultaneously and release those keys when you hear three startup sounds.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It won't chime here times.
A Mac OS utilities screen comes up
That strange. Mac OS X Utilities will only come up if you hold down Command and R keys, not Command + Option + P + R

To clarify, did you hold down the left buttons or right button (Command and Option) ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Trying again

Kim, If it still booting into Mac OS X Utilities, then try this. Turn off your Mac. Hold down Command + Option + P + R keys and then turn on your Mac.

If that didn't work, then restart and hold down Command and R keys and this will boot into Mac OS X Utilities. Select Disk Utility in there. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column, under First Aid click Repair Permissions. Then click Verify Disk and if asked, click Repair Disk.

Then restart your Mac. Please let me know how it goes.