John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I made a playlist on my ipad. I need to burn it onto a CD

I made a playlist on my ipad. I need to burn it onto a CD how do I do that?
I don't hv cloud capability on my laptop bc i have os 10.6.8 so playlist isn't on laptop.
Hello Holly,

if I understand what you are wanting to do, you can still get these songs on your Macbook Pro in order to burn a CD.

Now, open iTunes

Next, select the iTunes Store. Sign in with the same Apple ID and Password, if you are not already, that you use to purchase music on the iPad.

In the iTunes Store, you should see a Quick Links sidebar at the right side of the page. Look for the "Purchased" option and click it.

On the Purchased page, you will see a toggle near the top-right of the page labeled as "All | Not In My Library". Select "Not In My Library".

Under Music, you can download each track you need to recreate your playlist.

Hope this helps, if not just let me know! :-)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have playlist made on iPad. I can't just move it somehow onto laptop?

iPads are such a waste of $.

Sadly, no, unless the music is already on iTunes and it's just the playlist data you want (order, etc) then the above is usually easiest, imo.

Of course, you can download the tracks and still pull that playlist data from the iPad if you wish and I would be happy to assist with that, as well, but unless the playlist is particuarly large you may be able to just recreate quicker than the time it takes to import the data.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One last question... Would this have worked (moving playlist fm iPad to laptop to burn CD if I had cloud capability on laptop?

Not really because even though OS X 10.6.8 doesn't have iCloud - the features offered when it comes to iTunes are essentially the same for the most part.

However, you should be able to turn on automatic downloads in iTunes that will at least downloaded purchases made on the iPad:

open iTunes

Click iTunes in the menu bar and choose Preferences

Select the Store tab

Then place a check mark next to the options you wish to enable for downloads.