John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have an ipad 2 that the mic. is not working, when I am recording

I have an ipad 2 that the mic. is not working, when I am recording how can I get it fixed?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

In some case this may be a software issue. Have you tried backing up/restoring the device?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no!

Thanks, Elmer.

In order to do this you'll need to connect your iPad to a computer. Is your computer a Mac or Windows based PC?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

windows based PC!

Thanks again,

Open iTunes

Connect your iPad via USB to the computer.

When it appears in iTunes, select it.

Then on the Summary screenclick "Back up now"

When the back up is complete, do the following;

* Turn off the iPad (hold down the sleep/wake button on the top) until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device simply shuts off, if locked up.

* Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

* Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

* iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click ok and continue along for the restore.

At the end of the restore, it will use your backup to put your personal data back on the iPad.

Once it has completely finished this process, test if your Mic is working.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't work!

Hi Elmer, I'm sorry to hear that.

For clarification, were you able to complete the process completely and the mic simply didn't work afterwards?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is correct, I tried it twice!

Thanks. Is this iPad out of warranty?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes!

Okay, in that case you may wish to take advantage of the free 24-hour diagnostics services offered by iResQ (does not include shipping fees).

This is a reputable service/repair company that has been servicing Apple related mobile devices for quite a long time and they tend to be very fair and quite efficient.

The link to get you started is here:
http://www.iresq.com/ipad-repair/ipad-2-repair-replacement-service-parts.html

They can confirm the exact part that is defective in your iPad BUT it looks like a current repair, if it is the mic only, would be around $109.00.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.