Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

mac keep telling me i dont hv permission to view photo

mac keep telling me i don't hv permission to view photo
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you, I will need additional information about your issue. Where did this troubled photo come from?

Customer:

im on a mac pro

Appleologist :

Is this photo on iPhoto?

Customer:

no preview

Appleologist :

Ok. Select the troubled photo and choose File< Get info

Appleologist :

A box will pop up. Click on the lock in the bottom right corner

Customer:

i see staionary & locked

Customer:

clicked locked

Customer:

?

Customer:

hello

Appleologist :

Full Size Image

Appleologist :

Are you seeing my responses?

Appleologist :

Can you see my responses?

Appleologist :

If you can not see my response, I will have to change the chat to Q&A

Customer:

yes i see

Appleologist :

Ok great. At the bottom of the pop up box, do you see sharing and permissions?

Appleologist :

I sent you a screen shot

Customer:

yes

Appleologist :

Under Name is your account name listed? If so, under privileges, does it say read and write ?

Customer:

yes my name is there

Customer:

yes

Customer:

read & write

Appleologist :

ok so lets do the same for the preview application. Before we do that, can you confirm that the locked checkbox is unchecked?

Customer:

yes the box is unchecked but the one in btm right corner is unlocked

Appleologist :

What does the checkbox in the bottom right say?

Customer:

its just a a lock symbol showin that it is unlocked ..up higher is a box no box on btm

Appleologist :

ok thats normal. Next, we are going to repair your system permissions. Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and type in disk utility

Customer:

ok

Customer:

done

Appleologist :

Click on Macintosh HD in the left column and then choose repair permissions

Appleologist :

Is the computer currently repairing permissions?

Customer:

yes

Appleologist :

Ok, when it is done, try to open the same photo

Customer:

ok

Appleologist :

You may need to restart your computer for it to take effect after permissions are done repairing

Customer:

ok let do that cause it didn't work..how will we get back with each other

Customer:

if i cut off

Appleologist :

You can bookmark this chat.

Appleologist :

You can also view your asked questions in your account

Customer:

ok

Customer:

be bck

Appleologist :

ok

Customer:

thks too

Appleologist :

no problem

Appleologist :

I see your still online, were you able to restart your computer?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

looks as though u fixed the prob.

Appleologist :

Thats great to know. Was there anything els I can assist you with?

Customer:

thks hope i can get ya every time ....and no we good..by the way nice pic.. "Barry Thompson Photography" Facebook look me up like my page thk

Appleologist :

If you ever have mac issues, you can reach me at

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-michelleblack/. Thank you have a fantastic night :)

Customer:

ok

Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.