Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

My macbook pro keyboard wont allow me to type in any data.

My macbook pro keyboard won't allow me to type in any data. Trackpad not working either.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

It may only need resetting and that is what I suggest trying first.
Please do this as it says.
You want 4 startup cycles before releasing the keys.

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys all together at the same time.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P' all together at the same time.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound that your computer makes when it starts up, it is like a boonngg. The screen should also cycle from white to black and then back to white along with the chimes.
The sound should also get louder.

This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

Let me know the result please. It should return keyboard and trackpad.
If it does not then we will try something else.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That worked! Thanks Daniel. Saved me a trip to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store. Excellent rating coming up!

Happy to have been of service Fred. That little trick will fix many problems and is the first thing to do. Save it, you never know when it could be handy.

Thank you.