Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

help, my MacBook Pro trackpad works and i can move cursor but

help, my MacBook Pro trackpad works and i can move cursor but it won't click on anything--can't remove battery with this model--
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Since you are able to move cursor, you should be able to click by tapping the trackpad. On your Mac, goto System Preferences and select Trackpad. In left column, make sure the "Tap to Click" option is enabled. Then you can just tap the Trackpad to click.

If that didn't work, then we can map one of your Keyboard to simulate as Mouse Click. On your Mac, download the application named BetterTouchTool from here :

Open it. Then, select the Keyboard tap next to Magic Mouse and Trackpad tabs. Then click Add New Shortcut button. Under Keyboard Shortcut, type the key that you want (use a key that you don't use much like ~) to use as or simulate Mouse Click. Under Trigger Predefined Action, select Leftclick

Close it. From now on, you can press the assigned key on your Keyboard to simulate to left click. You can add as many as gestures or shortcuts to simulate anything you want with that application. Let me know if you have any trouble following my instructions and I will help you.

PS : You need to get a USB Mouse to setup this first since your Trackpad is not working. Once you setup it, you don't need the USB Mouse.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i can't click even though I can move cursor so I cant get into settings or preferences--i wanted to know how I could click using the keyboard?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i cant click anything to get to preferences as the clicker does not work--i can't open anything--is there a way to use the keyboard to click on things so I can retrieve documents, print things, etc. There has to be a way to manuever with the keyboard?
Hi there,
Sorry for the delayed response. My Apologies. Unfortunately, you need a Mouse to setup up this. Once you setup it, you can use your keyboard to simulate mouse. Isn't there any way to get a USB Mouse ? Can you borrow one from your friend ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will order one from Amazon--do I get a usb mouse for mac I guess? thanks I'll order it so I can keep using computer as I'm in rural area with no access to big city for over 4 hours and no mac stores within 4 hrs--thanks and if you have any other ideas let me know
You should order the USB Mouse. All USB Mouse are compatible with the Mac. There are different ways to manuever with the keyboard, but without a Mouse we can't enable that feature. I'm really sorry about that. If you have any friends or neighbours there with a computer, you can use their Mouse to setup it. It will take only 2 or 3 minutes to setup it on your Mac. Then you can use your keyboard as Mouse or you can even click with your Trackpad (once you enabled the Tap to Click feature). Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me any time or refer my answer later if you want.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,