Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Another Mac issue! My brother has a new MacBook Pro. All

Another Mac issue! My brother has a new MacBook Pro. All software is current. He is trying to install Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac. However, the computer keeps ejecting the disk. I figured so setting needs to be changed through service preferences but not sure....
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Usually one of two things will cause this.
A bad disk, it could be damaged in such a way it is unreadable and you may not see the damage.
If you try that same disc in another machine and there appears to be no problem then the second may be it.
The optical drive is not working correctly, try a different DVD or CD, several if need be.
This will point to the culprit, disk or optical drive.

Let me know what you find please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Put disk in another computer. The second computer read the disk and Was ready for installation. Computer (second one) had a hard time ejecting but either way, the disk worked in computer 2;

His MacBook Pro (the settings) probably need to be changed perhaps??
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No, there no setting to change.
Does it read other disks besides this one?

Try this on the MBP.

To do a PRAM reset, you need to restart your machine and hold down these 4 keys all together at the same time.
‘Option’, ‘Command (Cloverleaf or Apple)’, ‘R’ and 'P' all together at the same time.
Keep them down until you hear 4 startup chimes, this is the sound that your computer makes when it starts up, it is like a boonngg. The screen should also cycle from white to black and then back to white along with the chimes.
The sound should also get louder.

graphic

This resets all of the system buses on your computer, USB, FireWire, display, ethernet and your keyboard/mouse/trackpad.
This will correct many faults but not necessarily yours.

That may be all it needs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't do the trick.....Did we lose each other??
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No, I was called away for a minor emergency.
How did the disk check go with another disk in the MBP?
I mean does it have problems reading other disks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The computer will not accept any disks. It ejects them all...
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Then there is a hardware problem with the Mac and it will need servicing. There is not any software to fix this.
Sorry.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.