Richard, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I have 2 mailbox accounts , mac and me, my mailboxes after

I have 2 mailbox accounts , mac and me, my mailboxes after the letter S have disappeared how do I find them?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

To confirm, you said your Mailboxes after the Letter S dissapeared.

Do you mean your Folders within your Mailbox (as you only have 2, mac and me?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I think I do, I keep folders in the mailbox by subject matter to file e mails in away from my in box or sent box.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

First, do a search for an email that is in one of the missing folders.

Is it found?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok that is bringing up all messages back to 2009 but where are they? I can't see it is highlighting all mailboxes and next to that is in box but I don't believe that is where they are.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If that is what it is highlighting, it will be there.

They may have been moved by accident, or an issue in the program occurred.

Are you able to right click the email and view its properties?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The search shows for eg they are in my Weybridge House sale file, this is not down the side, when I click on an actual e mail then it highlights that the file exists and in bold on old.me files, a folder I did not set up, but that folder indicates 55 items but when I click on that it is blank. This is an older mac so maybe that is a problem.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There has been an issue that has occurred on the Mac Alyson.

If you create the folder again, are you able to then search and drag messages into that folder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure trying it but there is a lot. The problem seems to be that the file old.me files cannot be accessed but I can access the missing files via selecting an old email then all the missing folders appear. Old me will not let me drag so I have created a new file and am trying to drag them into it. Waiting to see. At least I have a method of finding the files so thank you.

A

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Try dragging into a new file, it may then allow you

But yes, you have the files still, that's the main thing.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Mac Software Engineer
Experience: IT Engineer for over 15 years