Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

ra-es

Customer Question

do you charge?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Jason :

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name isXXXXX look forward to helping you today.

May I ask how I can help you today?

Customer :

i have an iphone 4 and the speaker just stopped working. i can hear them, but they cant hear me

Jason :

Thank you for the update.

Jason :

Okay, so the speaker works, but the microphone does not?

Customer :

i guess....very frustrating

Jason :

Have you tried calling more than one person so you can verify that it is not a problem with the other person's phone?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

several

Jason :

How long has this been going on?

Customer :

just a few days

Jason :

May I ask if the phone is under any type of warranty?

Customer :

i dont think so. my dad got the 5 and gave me his 4

Jason :

Oh okay

Customer :

i shut the phone off, waited 5 min and turned it back on and its the same

Jason :

More often than not, this issue is caused by poor conductivity between the microphone board and the iPhone's mainboard.

Customer :

whatr does that mean

Jason :

The 'fix' would require you to open the iPhone case, apply pressure to the microphone board, and put it back together. I would not suggest that you try doing this unless you are familiar with how to do so.

Jason :

When this occurs, the solution is to bring it into a cell phone repair shop and have them do it.

Customer :

that would b a no

Jason :

ok

Jason :

I figured so. I do not even feel comfortable tearing apart these over priced phones.

Customer :

i work for an it support co. could i bring it to an engineer at work

Jason :

You certainly can. I verify that one of the IT people has a history of doing such before handing the phone over, as it is super easy to destroy them.

Jason :

Oops.

Customer :

we have a ton of mac engineers and we actually support all mobile devices

Jason :

If I were you, I 'would' verify that one of the IT people has a history of doing such before handing the phone over, as it is super easy to destroy them.

Jason :

oh okay

Jason :

Great

Jason :

Then they will be able to do that.

Jason :

They will either re-secure the microphone board to the mainboard or they may place something in the phone before closing it to push the two boards together.

Customer :

so will they know what you said............duh, probably

Jason :

:)

Jason :

Yes, they will.

Jason :

This is a far too common issue with the iPhones.

Customer :

thats it? this just cost me 38 dollars for this?

Jason :

I suppose. I do not have control over the cost or anything. I just saw your question and wanted to help.

Customer :

wow....i want your job!!!! thanks for your help

Jason :

Please, keep in mind that when you are asked for your rating below, you are rating my help and not rating the site or it's cost. I have nothing to do with that. I am only a user.

Jason :

You are very welcome.

Jason :

If you wish to request me personally for any future questions, you can do so at the following link: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer :

bye

Jason :

Bye bye

Jason :

I wish you a sparkling rest of your day.

Jason :

You can rate me by clicking one of the faces below, clicking Submit, and then clicking Ok.

Jason :

ok.

Jason :

You rated "me" bad.

Jason :

That goes on my profile.

Jason :

I am marked as bad.

Jason :

Yes.

Jason :

You did it again.

Jason, Mac Technician
Experience: Several years of supporting Mac systems.