Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Customer Question

Any Final Cut Pro pro's out there? I've been using it and using "log and capture" to import footage from a dv tape in a small camcorder that I only use for importing. I film skateboarding with a sony vx-1000. I have hours of footage on my final cut and I've got a few hours of tape I want to import but when I hit "capture now" on the import window, now nothing happens.. I restarted my final cut, my computer, my handy cam, tried switching tapes and log bins, and pretty much everything else. iMovie lets me import, but I obviously prefer the best quality which final cut pro 7 can give me. I use a mac tower from 2011 and have almost a terabyte of video space used up, but still 13 gigs of space left. Someone please help ASAP, I only have until tonight to finish importing.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.