Richard, Mac Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

RA-ke

Customer Question

How Can We Clear Our Scramble Accounts And Start Over? This is for iPhones 4 and 4s. Where did you get MAC ?
Submitted: 1 year ago via HelpOwl.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

My apologies for the delay you have experienced.

The data for Scramble is stored online. A lot of Apps are doing this now. It is via your iCloud account.

To do this, go into the Settings app and select iCloud, Storage and Backup and then the Manage Storage option.

This will show a list of your device backups and applications currently storing data in iCloud—you may need to scroll down to see the “Documents & Data” section.

From here you can select any of the application’s on your device, which will show a detailed list of the data stored in iCloud for that particular application.

Tap Scramble, then Tap the Edit button in the top-right corner will allow you to remove individual items or delete all of the iCloud data for that application in a single step.

Note that this will remove the data both from your device and from iCloud itself, which will in turn propagate to other iOS devices sharing the same iCloud account. Note that there is also no way to recover this data once it has been removed from iCloud.

But when you install Scramble again, all your data will be new.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Neither of our iphones had iCloud on, so the data must be stored somewhere else. Suggestions?

Also, my wife's phone says "account not verified" when I open Settings.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you go to www.icloud.com on your computer and log in.

Do you see any reference to your Apps there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I fixed the "not verified" issue on my wife's phone. We have two aple ID's, and it had the wrong one. When I entered the correct apple ID iCloud opened -- but Scramble is not there. I am not in iCloud yet on my phone, but I will set it up and check right now.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No Scramble shows up.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we need to do a factory reset of the iPhones.

Do you need to backup any data?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. We both have a lot contacts. I think I know how to back up by syncing on iTunes. I don't know how to do a factory reset.

I think this problem started when we set up Scramble and we mixed up our apple IDs and email addresses. She was getting games from others that were for me, but she and I could play without problems. When I worked with Apple support, we got all that straightened out, but I could not fix Scramble.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, Do a backup within iTunes.

To do this to be sure, in iTunes Click the File menu and select Devices > Back up.

Then when it is complete, Click on Devices, Restore and choose to do a Factory reset.

Then install Scramble and tell me please if you still have the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. thanks a lot for your patience and your knowledge! I'll be a while but will get back to you later.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem Robert!

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm ready to try to finish this. Backed up my info in iTunes, clicked Devices -- I see Restore iPhone and Restore Back-up. There is no Factory Reset in either one. where do I find it?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Click Restore iPhone.

This is what you choose please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand your response. Please read my previous reply again and clarify how to factory reset. I will be available all afternoon.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
With the iPhone connect to the computer, open itunes

Select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.

Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.

Click Restore.

If you get stuck, please look at this guide. Click Me

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed your instructions and did a factory reset on my wife's phone. when I reinstalled Scramble it was exactly the same. So your fix didn't work

Any other ideas? It's pretty obvious the problem is in Scramble's database. What if I tried to fool it by using a new email address? The phone number would be the same.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do another reset and this time use a new Apple ID and not the same one Robert when setting up the phone.

Does it then retain the settings?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert.

Why the poor rating? Did you have problems with the instructions?

Please let me know.

Thanks