Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

eventhough i didnt install password,my macbook is now asking

eventhough i didn't install password,my macbook is now asking for password XXXXX i also can switch it off.
the only thing i did before it started asking for password XXXXX to plug the ac cable.
its a 15inch high performance notebook with retina display.
can you advise please?

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you the administrator of your Mac ? And is it asking for the password XXXXX login to your Mac desktop ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just bought it three weeks ago and the shop assistant at www. (hong Kong). launched it for the first and removed password.ive switch it on twice new t o mac and the only one using it

Since it is asking for the password, we can reset the password. Please follow the steps below to reset the password
  • Turn off your Mac by holding down the Power button for 10 seconds
  • Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time.
  • This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu
  • Click on the “Utilities” menu in the top and select “Terminal"
  • Type (without space) resetpassword and press return
  • Confirm the user account and then the password XXXXX and reboot Mac OS X as usual with your new password.

Please let me know how it goes, so we can continue troubleshooting. If you get any errors like Keychain error after resetting the password, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Hi there,
After resetting the password, you can use the new password XXXXX login to your Mac, install applications or updates, make changes to your Mac etc

You need the password XXXXX everything so you should note it down. Please let me know if you are unable to reset the password XXXXX I will walk you through the steps.

Best Regards,
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ashik,

many thanks, the problem was resolved thanks to you!

ive added your address in my favourite and going to use your service again as i get use to my mac.

thank again,

Hi Mervyn, I'm glad to hear that :)

Have a great day,