Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have recently moved home. My pictures are stored in time

I have recently moved home. My pictures are stored in time machine. Now that I am trying to access them the following message comes up

The iPhoto Library is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have permission to make changes to it.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Can you see your iPhoto Library in the Time Machine ?
Hi Kash, This is a permission error. Close iPhoto. Select your iPhoto Library, Right Click (or Control + Click) on the iPhoto Library and select Show Package Contents from the contextual menu. This will open the iPhoto Library in the Finder window. If you can see a file in there, then trash it. If you can't trash it, then just move it from there to another folder in there. Or create a folder in there and move the file to it.

Then go back and select your iPhoto Library, right click on it and this time select "Get Info". Under Get Info window, make sure you have the Permission to Read and Write on it. If not, change the Permission to Read and Write from there.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems like it is working although it is rebuilding thumbnail caches

Let it complete Kash. Please let me know if that didn't work Kash
Best Regards,
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,