Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

I have Lion 10.75 I have activated Speech so that can hear

I have Lion 10.75
I have activated Speech so that can hear what I have highlighted in word.
What keys fo I press to start the speech? I have a wire connected mouse.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

My default, pressing Option+Escape should activate the speech

Customer:

I pressed option and escape together. Nothing happened.

Appleologist :

Lets check your settings. open system preferences, Choose Dictation and speech. Check Speak selected text when key is pressed

Appleologist :

Under Speak selected text when key is pressed check box, you should see your current key option.

Full Size Image

Appleologist :

To open system preferences, click on the apple logo in the upper left corner and choose system preferences

Customer:

It works! So, anytime I highlight a text and press option and escape, it will speak? Do I press option and escape in sequence or together.

Appleologist :

Yes to make it easier, you can press and hold down the option key and then press the escape key

Appleologist :

Was there anything els I can assist you with today?

Customer:

Do I need to open preference for speech again to signal that I am planning to use speech? or do I just close preferences, for example shut down, and return next day, open computer, highlight word paragraph, and then just do option plus escape

Customer:

yes, do we have time? This is my blog to sign in

Customer:

I have typed http//grossaninstitute.com/blog/wp-login.php and see it is not highlighted.

Appleologist :

Did you get my last response?

Appleologist :

Are you trying to log into your blog or just view it?

Appleologist :

Can you be a little more specific with your issue?

Customer:

I am trying to log into my blog. I keep getting a wrong address response and I can't log in. No problem with passwrods or identity when I use the click address I have recorded. I even went to the site from my clich through, then copied it onto the word sheet, then tried that again. when I use the click through name

http://grossaninstitute.com/blog/wp-login.php works fine. When I am at a "stranger's" computer and I type this it won't open and I get a no such address response. I am using safari at the "stranger's machine.

Customer:

I did tryo to type this

http://grossaninstitute.com/blog/wp-login.php on my own machine. No matter how I type it, won't work. But this I have here works fine. I copied this from the web sigte.

Appleologist :

So you care trying to get the log in screen and not the actual blog from a "stingers" machine. Is that correct?

Customer:

I am only interested in the log in. At my machine, this one, if I type this http://grossaninstitute.com/blog/wp-login.php it will not open and I get the no such address type answer. But if I click on the underlined address it opens fine.

Appleologist :

When I type it into my browser, it pulls up the login screen just fine. When you type in http://grossaninstitute.com/blog/wp-login.php Are you hitting enter when safari fills in the rest for you or are you typing the address to the end?

Customer:

I am typing the address to the end

Appleologist :

Ok lets try to clear some of your settings within safari. Click on safari in the top menu bar and choose preferences

Customer:

Got preferences

Appleologist :

Click on the security tab

Appleologist :

Click on remove all website data. Under block cookies, choose never

Appleologist :

Im sorry, click on the privacy tab and not security

Customer:

I have remove all website date, block cookies from third parties, limit website access to location services prompt for each website once each dayI I don't hav web search or web tracking clicked

Appleologist : Block cookies should be set to never
Customer:

Done. I guess I need to do this to use the "stranger's" machine?

Appleologist :

If you can, I would avoid using another computer that is not your own whenever you are logging into sites that require a password

Customer:

Okay. Can you send me back so I can order the monthly program?

Appleologist :

Are you referring to JustAnswer monthly subscription?

Customer:

Yes, so I can ask this type questions again

Appleologist :

Sure. You have a few options, you can come back to the site again and pay per question. Or you can subscribe monthly for a set price and ask as many questions as you wish. If you already opted into the 7 day trial, it will automatically convert into a monthly subscription. If you did not opt in at the beginning of asking this question, you can opt in in your accounts tab

Customer:

can you forward me to monthly subscription?