Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

the colour scheme on the screen has changed. it looks like

the colour scheme on the screen has changed. it looks like reverse colours i.e. black background. people look like they are in photo negatives
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You somehow activated the "White on Black" or "Inverted" colour feature of your Mac. Press Control + Option + Apple(Command) + 8 to change it back. Pressing these keys again will change it back into inverted/negative colours.

Or Goto System Preferences and open Universal Access. Under "Display", click the radio button "Black or White". This will change your Mac into original colours.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Best Regards,
Hi Aidan,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,