Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I have a new email, but evidently, I didnt have it when I

I have a new email, but evidently, I didn't have it when I set up my ipad 2. I need to reset my password. Apple indicated that it would send me an email which I did not receive. How do I correct this situation and get apple to send me the email at my current email address? XXXXX XXXXX
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Do you have the info for that email account?
I mean the email address and carrier?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Daniel, I think at that time, I may have had comcast as a carrier. It has been a while even though I have not used the ipad much. I'm trying to get into a course at an apple store. Poor me!

Then the best I can offer is a phone number to call For support for this. Apple has to access your account to render any changes of this nature.
They take security very seriously and since you have closed that account recovering the info that way is closed to you.
I think by pressing 0 you can cut through the recordings if the one for Apple ID help is slow.
That will deal with that.
What password XXXXX you trying to reset?