Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

There are 3 users on my apple 10.6.8. After opening a new mail

There are 3 users on my apple 10.6.8. After opening a new mail account for user 3. mail doesn´t work anymore for user 1 (programme doesn´t open, "mail" icon remains white - instead of blue). what can I do? Thanks, Valentin

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What about User 2 ? Does Mail work in that account ?

In User 3, from where you are accessing Mail ? From desktop, dock or from Applications folder ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ashik, Mail does not work in user 2´s account.

User 3 is accessing it via the dock.

Yours, valentin

On the User 3 account, goto Macintosh HD > Applications folder and can you see Mail application there ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes (believing that applications is translated as "Programme" in German).

Yours, V

Valentin, login to User 1 or 2 and then can you see or open Mail from Macintosh HD > Applications (or Programme) ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, can see white icon but cannot open it, Icon is "bouncing", nothing else.

Do you have Flash Drive/USB with you now ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don´t have it

Valentin, just to make sure. Are you sure you can't open Mail from the Macintosh HD > Applications folder (not from dock) on User 1 and 2 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I checked it again. On none of the 3 users you can open it from the folder. White Icon is bouncing once and nothing else.

Only on one user (so far called user 3) mail starts from the dock (in that case icon looks like a blue stamp in the dock).

In the applications folders of user 3, icon is white as well containing somewhat like a pencil.

It seems like the Mail is moved from default location i.e from Applications (or Programs) folder. We need to put the working version of Mail to the Applications (or Programs) folder, then only all accounts can access it. On User 3, search Mail in the Spotlight (searchbox in the top right corner of the screen). From the results, click Show All or Show in Finder option. This will open theresults in Finder window. Select Mail application (working one) from there and copy it to the Applications (or Programs) folder or copy it to the Macintosh HD.

Then login to User 1 or 2 and try to open Mail from the copied location.

Please let me know if that didn't work Valentin and I will send you a working copy of Mail.

Best Regards,
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,