Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

I am new to Skype...set up my account and tested properly but

I am new to Skype...set up my account and tested properly but when attempting to dial out from mt iPad Los ont go thru. I am in cabo San Lucas Mexico trying I dial out to USA...can ou help?
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Do you have a Skype phone number?
Each country has a code, normally two digits, if calling the US from Mexico try putting a 1 in front of the number.
Or select the countries flag, USA, in the phone nubbier field and Skype will enter the code for you, then just finish entering the rest of the number.

For example: If calling NY city dial 00 + 1 + 212 + the phone number. 00 is the code for the US.

Try that and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No didn't work. I am in Mexico trying to place the calls to the US. When I joined in and I signed did not give me a skype number. It gave an option to test and that worked. Do I need to purchase phone credits? What would be the country code to the US? Assumed it is 011
Does it tell you it is a wrong number? What exactly does it do or say?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It automatically wants to put a +1 in front of the number so I have tried that and deleted it and dialed the way I believe it should go and the way it works on my cell just drops the call...doesn't give a error code...
+1 is correct for the USA.
Skype to Skype over Wi-Fi?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no skype to landline over wifi...

I amgoing to have to call from my conf call is starting and I can't get skpe to work at the moment...darn

Skype, when it works, is great. When it fails it is a bust. Sorry.