David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional

I am running Wineskin on a Mac to try and play Third Age: Total

Customer Question

I am running Wineskin on a Mac to try and play Third Age: Total War. I have gotten the normal game to play flawlessly, but Kingdoms, Third Age, and Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod all have an error that says: No CD detected. I've scoured forum after forum- is there an easy answer?
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is David, and I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

What kind of Mac is it, and is it later than 2007 ?

Click the Apple menu, About This Mac.

What does it say for processor, memory, and version of OSX?

Thanks in advance,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Version 10.7.5

This is a Macbook Pro, roughly 2 years old.

Expert:  David replied 3 years ago.

The reason I asked was to find out if you could run Windows.

The security software that is part of the game, is checking that you have the disc in the machine. This is to verify that it is not a pirate copy.

That is not working with Wineskin, and may not work at all no matter what troubleshooting you do.

Also the game would run far better in Windows than it would in Wineskin under Mac OS X. Therefore I would strongly recommend installing Windows in a second partition on your Mac, and running the game under Windows.

Macs since 2007 use Intel CPU's which means you can dual boot, choosing to boot to either Windows or OS X.

The software to set it up is easy to use, comes from Apple, and is called BootCamp. There is info on it here:

To install Windows using BootCamp you will need a valid retail copy of Windows.

This is a far more stable solution than Wineskin, and when booting to Windows the game will install without any issues. The disc will be recognized properly by the verification part of the game software, and there will be no errors.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can also assist with setting up BootCamp if you need.

Please note that this is only one solution, but in my opinion the best solution. If you have other preferences please let me know.

Your sincerely,