Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

Mike, you helped me with my iTunes library and recovering all

Mike, you helped me with my iTunes library and recovering all my movies. That is working. Now a new problem. When iTunes is open, this message appears about every three minutes "The iTunes library file cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-54)". I can't see that anything is being lost. When I import something and then quit and reopen, the new item is there but the above message keeps appearing. Any thoughts.
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional, MikeMacMedic a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hi and welcomed to

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

This could be an error with iTunes. Please open iTunes. Go to Preferences->Advanced. Click Reset Warnings button. Quit iTunes. Open iTunes and see if the error message will come back.

If that does not work, please go to Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility. Select Disk Aid. Select your Hard drive and select Repair Permission. After it is completed, reboot your Mac and test iTunes to see if the error comes back or not.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions or your issue is not resolved, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did as you suggested. I did, however, discover that a couple of things I had imported into iTunes were indeed not there. The title etc. was there but when I attempted to play it, the message said it could not be found. Since I did the reset, I've imported a couple of new items and so far they are there. Let me watch it for a couple of says and I'll get back to you.

Excellent! Hope to hear back from you.

Have a great day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Problem seems to solved. Thanks for you speedy help.

You are welcomed Bill. Please rate my service so I can get credit.

Thanks and have a great day!