Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

I put a google document in my dock and when I opened another

I put a google document in my dock and when I opened another Safari file it briefly appeared on my desktop and then disappeared. This happened twice with the document done in google.doc. It was never saved by I thought it would remain in the dock until I retrieved it. I recreated this document a second time and now it appears lost again. Is there anywhere that it exists so I can access it. Please help. Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question. Can you tell me how you're saving the document from Google Docs to your desktop? This will help me understand whether there is a temp folder that might have the document or not. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not saving them to my desktop. This is the first google docs I ever used to submit information for a yearbook. I had filled out the form, put it in my dock so I could continue editing it later, and lost it when I apparently retrieved another item from the dock. I saw it briefly appear on the desktop, then it was gone.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. The file should be stored on your Google Drive on your Mac. If you click the search icon on the top right corner of your screen (the magnifying glass) and type Google Drive, then click the Google Drive, it will allow you to see all the files you have saved to your Google Docs.
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ years in hardware/software experience