Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

Im trying to download a movie but it says I dont have enough

I'm trying to download a movie but it says I don't have enough storage. The same message appears when I try to open The Game of Thrones first episode. I have a 32gb iPad with 15gb storage capacity. I have 14.9gb available
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.

NickMacExpert :

Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

NickMacExpert :

Please try to reset your iPad first.

NickMacExpert :

HOLD the Power (on/off) button and Home (round button with white square) button for 10-12 seconds. Ignore the Turn off message and release the buttons when you see the white apple logo. Let your iPad boots.

NickMacExpert :

After reset, please test to see you can download the first episode.

NickMacExpert :

Does that work?

NickMacExpert :

Or still same error message?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Bern,

Did the reset work out? Please let me know. Thanks!

Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the same message, ie, that there is no storage space, appears.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Bern.

Please try to shutdown your iPad. Press and hold Power button for 2-5 seconds. Swipe to Turn off your iPad. Wait 1 minute. Turn iPad back on. See if it will work.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned it off (don'tknow what you mean by swiping the iPad) and it ade no difference.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Bern.

Please go to Settings->General->Usage. What is available memory?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It still says not enough storage

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Bern,

I was asking how much Memory is available. Please go to Settings->General->Usage. You should see the available memory on top.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I see the problem. I have142mb left. I have usèd 28.4gb (26.9 on tv shows)
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Bingo! That is why I asked you to check for available memory. Looks like you will have to delete some files to make up space for your TV show.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions or your issue is not resolved, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Nick