Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

Im trying to download a movie but it says I dont have enough

I'm trying to download a movie but it says I don't have enough storage. The same message appears when I try to open The Game of Thrones first episode. I have a 32gb iPad with 15gb storage capacity. I have 14.9gb available

NickMacExpert :

Hi and welcomed to

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

NickMacExpert :

Please try to reset your iPad first.

NickMacExpert :

HOLD the Power (on/off) button and Home (round button with white square) button for 10-12 seconds. Ignore the Turn off message and release the buttons when you see the white apple logo. Let your iPad boots.

NickMacExpert :

After reset, please test to see you can download the first episode.

NickMacExpert :

Does that work?

NickMacExpert :

Or still same error message?

Did the reset work out? Please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no the same message, ie, that there is no storage space, appears.
Thanks Bern.

Please try to shutdown your iPad. Press and hold Power button for 2-5 seconds. Swipe to Turn off your iPad. Wait 1 minute. Turn iPad back on. See if it will work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I turned it off (don'tknow what you mean by swiping the iPad) and it ade no difference.
Thanks Bern.

Please go to Settings->General->Usage. What is available memory?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It still says not enough storage

I was asking how much Memory is available. Please go to Settings->General->Usage. You should see the available memory on top.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think I see the problem. I have142mb left. I have usèd 28.4gb (26.9 on tv shows)
Bingo! That is why I asked you to check for available memory. Looks like you will have to delete some files to make up space for your TV show.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions or your issue is not resolved, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!