Justin
Justin, Network Admin
Experience:  10+ years IT experience (Corporate Network Administration),

ra-kyl

Customer Question

I've got a page break problem...every line has a page break and I don't know how to get rid of this problem...HELP!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin replied 1 year ago.
Greetings.

I noticed you didn't tell me what program you're having this issue in (word for example, what year if so), so I will assume it's word. If it's NOT word, reply back to me and let me know. You do not need to use the rating system to REPLY.

I would try resettings the stock settings of Word back to defaults, sounds like you may have changed some sort of persistent settings.

Navigate to your library (click Go, Library). Lion requires you to hold down the option key then select library.

Open the preferences folder, and drag microsoft.word.plist to your desktop or delete it. If it's not located there, go to applicaiton support and it should be there. You need to do this with Word closed. After deleting that file, try to start word again. You may receive an error is it will recreate its stock settings.

If that fails, go back to the library, application support, microsoft folder, office, and inside the user templates folder, locate normal.dotm file and delete that one next. Making sure Word is closed during the process, and then deleting it again and testing word after.

Worst case scenario, you can trash the entire office install and start from scratch, but that's a bit overkill. Anyway, let me know via reply (especially if you're not using Word).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, it's not word....this is OpenOffice.org 3, created by Oracle....and it's a spreadsheet that I'm trying fix. It should be 3 pages that I want to print and instead it's 78 pages, with one line on each page. How do I get rid of each of these row breaks without having to manually delete each one, line by line?