Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Can I re-charge an i-pad A1395 using a conversion U.K. plug.

Customer Question

Can I re-charge an i-pad A1395 using a conversion U.K. plug. I am going to the U.K. on Sunday and I have been told the voltage in the U.K. is 240 and is 120 here is Canada. Would it harm my ipad? or is it safe to use.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Michelle and I am excited to get started with you.

Although you will still be able to charge your device. Charging with a higher voltage can cause long term effects on your ipad. I recommend purchasing a world travel kit converter. You can find it here. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB974ZM/B/apple-world-travel-adapter-kit

Appleologist :

The standard iPad charger I have will work from 100V to 240V and works in both the USA and UK. But if you would like to take extra precautions, you can most certainly get the kit

Appleologist :

Please let me know if you have any further questions

Appleologist :

I noticed you went offline. When you re-enter the chat , simply rate and end the chat if you feel your question has been answered. If not, let me know how I can provide further assistance