Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Hi Mike I have snow leopard 10.6.8 3.06 Intel core 2 duo 4gb

Hi Mike I have snow leopard 10.6.8 3.06 Intel core 2 duo 4gb 1067 mhz ddr3
My problem is I can not receive emails,and all my messages have been removed and Apple hot new has taken their placeI have looked high and low but luck, can you help please
I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. It is posted as an Answer because of site rules but it is really just a diagnostic test. So please don't Rate to Finish just Reply to Expert when done.

Open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did all you said but still not working

So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?

Who is your email provider? I assume you were using Apple Mail program correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I use iol

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it was

Do you mean AOL? What do you click on to open your email?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I click on the mail icon, no iol.pt

Ok the mail icon is the Apple Mail program. Go here and click on Login at the top. Put in your email address and password XXXXX XXXXX your email there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I click on the mail icon, no iol.pt please remember I can receive email

I don't understand in your original question you said:

"My problem is I can not receive emails"

now you say the opposite:

"please remember I can receive email"

is this a language problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry I meant can not,because you say you will e.mail me

I never said I would email you, just stay on this page did you sign in at http://www.iol.pt
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not you personally the web site states it, yes iol.pt

Ok let's try again, I am asking you to click on this:

http://www.iol.pt/

then go to Login at the top of the screen and sign in to your account. Is all your email and folders there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the web site open I logged in ok click on mail got message, safari cant find server

OK that sounds like a problem with their website. Open Mail program go to Mail / Preferences / Accounts is your iol.pt account listed there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I also did connection doctor it says server succeeded,but its past midnight here I have just 15 min after that can we do this tomorrow please

Sure but do this before you come back. Select the account and click on the minus sign then click on the plus sign to add a new account and put in your email address and password. Let me know tomorrow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you problem solved,I do have an other problem I can not empty the trash bin of deleted photos in iphoto