Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I think I somehow deleted my camera ap on my i phone. How

Customer Question

I think I somehow deleted my camera ap on my i phone. How can I get it back?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hi, I will assist,

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue you are having.

Viet - Mac Tech :

- Can you go to Settings -> General -> Restrictions, and turn off restrictions there, and/or turn off the camera restriction there.

Customer :

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hi, please try my suggestion above. Thank you,

Customer :

I am in the restrictions area and it looks as if I need to enable restrictions to turn the camera restriction off. Is that correct? If so, it appears that I need a pass code to do so. Is that something I have or that I get from you?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Yes, try any passcode you want and remember it

Viet - Mac Tech :

(or if you already have a password code for your iphone, enter it.)

Customer :

ok. Camera restriction is now turned off.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Do you see the camera app now? Check all the screens

Viet - Mac Tech :

Swipe back and forth between Home screens to check for the camera app

Customer :

I do not see the camera ap on any of the screens

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry. Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Full Size Image

Customer :

checking

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok

Customer :

The apple logo just left and it is asking me for a passcode. I entered the one I just put in and it won't take it.???

Viet - Mac Tech :

That's strange. Enter all passcodes you know/remember

Customer :

ok I'm back in and still no camera ap

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry. Can you go to Settings, general, reset, then reset home screen layout. then check?

Customer :

Just did that and still no camera ap.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Did you make any change to your iPhone to day that might have caused the issue?

Customer :

I don't know. I just remember looking at my screen earlier, not really reading it and pressing the home button. When I got back to that my camera ap was missing.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Is your iPhone software updated?

Customer :

yes

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please check anyway: Settings > General > Software Update.

Customer :

yes it is up to date

Viet - Mac Tech :

Is your iPhone backed up? If yes, an you try to reset settings at Settings > General > Reset?

Viet - Mac Tech :

reset all settings

Customer :

no I haven't backed it up for a long time unless it did it on its own.

Customer :

If I re set settings will that mess anything up or delete anything?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Do you have iCloud enabled?

Customer :

I should. How do I check?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup & Storage, and check

Customer :

Thats what I thought. I do have iCloud backup on.

Viet - Mac Tech :

wait, can you try this better camera app called Camera+
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id329670577?mt=8

Viet - Mac Tech :

search for Camera+ in the App Store

Viet - Mac Tech :

wait

Viet - Mac Tech :

Try this free one

Viet - Mac Tech :

Camera Awesome

Customer :

I could try that, but I really just want my camera.

Viet - Mac Tech :

we can try to reset/restore your iphone, but that takes time; try the camera awesome app, it's pretty the same

Viet - Mac Tech :

Also, did you configure/set up any email/Exchange Server recently?

Customer :

I think we're getting no where here. I'm going to try elsewhere and would appreciate no charge on this as it did not work.

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry, I tried most of the possible fixes, but not all. Don't worry, I will continue to work with you; we guarantee our service. Did you configure/set up any email/Exchange Server recently? Also, since you have backup, we can try to reset/restore the iPhone and check.

Customer :

Sorry but I am done here.

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry. 99% the issue is the restrictions settings, but it did not work in your case; some issues take longer to troubleshoot than others. I am canceling this, but if you still need help later, please let me know any time; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Viet - Mac Tech :

Just to assure you, I am canceling this as you wish. If you still need help later, please let me know any time. Thank you,