Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

When I upgrade my iPad2 to 6.1.3 and have to reload will I

When I upgrade my iPad2 to 6.1.3 and have to reload will I lose things on my Notes appliction? And how do I save weblinks that I have saved to my home screen? Or will they automatically be saved when I sync after I restore after I upgrade to 6.1.3? I don't want to upgrade until I know how to save stuff.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

The install is suppose to backup and restore your iPad. But that does not always work out especially since your going from iOS4 to iOS6 that is a big jump.

Do you currently sync your iPad to your PC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I currently sync my iPad to my PC. But only about every couple months. I just synced it yesterday and today. I'm wanting to use apps that require iCloud, but in the past ran into the warnings that I had Purchased items on my iPad that were not transfered to my PC. Hence my question yesterday. The other warning about losing stuff on my iPad worries me.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
If you have transferred your purchases they are now on your PC. Also you never lose your purchases because you can always go into the Purchased section in iTunes and re-download anything you have purchased.

I would sync your iPad with iTunes. When you connect your iPad click on it under devices.

On the right side you should see your iPad with all the info listed and tabs.Click on the "Info" tab then scroll down. Make sure you check to sync bookmarks with your browser most likely Internet Explorer.

Also check "Sync Notes" if you have Outlooked installed you can sync the notes with Outlook. Once the sync is complete.

Right click on your iPad and do a backup. This backup is just in case the restore doesn't work after installing the iOS6. You can attempt to restore from your manual backup.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience: 4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.