Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123
Mac

I cannot scan from my HP printer to my IPad. HP tell me the

I cannot scan from my... Show More

I cannot scan from my HP printer to my IPad. HP tell me the connection between the WiFi router and the printer is good. I have a good signal with the router and I can send stuff to the printer and it prints no problem. Why can't I scan from the printer to the IPad ? XXX XXX. IPad serial # XXXXX

What app are you using to scan?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
The scan to E mail app on the HP Officejet Pro 8600. Printer PIN 44377601
Ok so it is not actually scanning to the iPad just your email. Can you receive it on your computer email?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
We don't have a computer, just the IPad and it was scanning fine until last week. I can send material to the printer from the IPad and it prints fine, it just won't scan to the IPad. The error message reads "the printer cannot connect to the sever" . All the connections and signals are good according to the print out from HP.
Turn off printer and unplug from power for a few minutes, do the same for the router. Turn back on and try again
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
I have tried this 3 different times already, to no avail.
OK I suggest you reset the printer to factory settings and then setup your WiFI and email settings again.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
That has also been done already with the great help of HP, the printer, the router and E mail setting were all reset. Everything else is working fine, sending Emails, face timing, printing, googling etc all working well just not the scan.
" Everything else is working fine, sending Emails, face timing, printing, googling etc all working well just not the scan. "

Yes but that is the iPad right the iPad is not the problem. Your printer is not sending the scan to email. What are the settings on the printer for your email server?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
Printers wireless direct pass code is 06543063 PIN 44377601. Printer E mail [email protected] This all I know, I am no very computer savvy.
OK you unplugged them both from power before not just turned off and on correct?

If so go here and follow step six in this document to set a static IP:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4023246&tmp...

When it asks for DNS information, enter in Google's DNS. Preferred DNS = 8.8.8.8 Alt DNS = 8.8.4.4