MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

my i phone 5 wont stay charged very long at all and when I

my i phone 5 wont stay charged very long at all and when I plug it in to charge it, it charges very slowly

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

What you have done so far, in your efforts to resolve this charging issue with your iPhone 5 are exactly correct.

MacTechTrainer :

One question I do have however, is have you at anytime tried backing up your iPhone data through performing a sync with iTunes, attempt to restore the iPhone 5 back to factory settings and then restore your recent back up data back onto the iPhone 5

MacTechTrainer :

then attempt to charge the iPhone 5 at that point?

Customer:

no, i'm not sure if would know how to do it correctly

MacTechTrainer :

No worries, I can help

MacTechTrainer :

when was the last time you did sync your iPhone 5 with iTunes if I may ask?

Customer:

last week. I'm not on my home computer where my I tunes is set up. Is that a problem?

MacTechTrainer :

I would say not so much a problem, so much as more an inconvenience, because you would need to be on the same computer with iTunes in order to perform the perform this procedure I just mentioned

Customer:

I can't get to it until tonight. bummer

MacTechTrainer :

the reason why I am suggesting this in fact, is because if a restore of your iPhone 5 back to its original factory setting (i.e. the way it came when you first purchased it), followed by a restoring of your most recent backed up data back onto the iPhone 5, does not help with the charging issue

Customer:

I guess I will try and take it to the store during my lunch break.

Customer:

I have to go work on a patient now. Won't be back for a while

MacTechTrainer :

then that would tell us that it would need to be checked at your local Apple store because that would mean this is a geniune battery charging issue

MacTechTrainer :

Its ok

MacTechTrainer :

Bookmark this session in your web browser and when you are ready to return, just come back to that bookmark and post a reply or update in the chat.

MacTechTrainer :

I will be alerted you are looking to resume the session with me, even if I am offline

Customer:

thanks

MacTechTrainer :

Anytime

MacTechTrainer :

again my name isXXXXX Support Specialist at your service and if you need me later, just follow those few steps above

MacTechTrainer :

I will be glad to resume assisting you as needed!

MacTechTrainer :

Do you have any further questions before departing our session?

MacTechTrainer :

If not, have a great day and thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com!

MacTechTrainer :

Hope to chat again with you soon.