Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

my imac has stopped connecting to my time capsule. When I open

my imac has stopped connecting to my time capsule. When I open the airport utility, my imac connects to the internet (green light) and then attempts to connect to the time capsule but doesn't succeed and i get an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle symbol. I've tried powering down the time capsule. and leaving for several minutes before powering up again, but to no effect. I have been using this imac and this time capsule together successfully for a few years now.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Can you tell me the make and model of your network router please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's supplied by our UK telecom provider and is know as a BT Home Hub 3.0. I use it to as my wireless router.

Thank you Andrew

It can be an issue with it and the lease for the time capsule.

I want to clear this lease. To do this, remove the power from the BT Hub and wait 5 minutes.

While waiting turn off the Time capsule.

Plug the power back into the BT Hub and wait 5 minutes for it to start.

Then start the Capsule and see if you can not connect.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Before I try this Richie, can I just clarify that the Time Capsule is not physically connected to the wireless router. do you still want me to follow your instructions?

yes please, as it still connects via the router.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That worked - thanks

Your welcome Andrews.

It was the lease that was the issue, and we reset this.

Just do this again if it ever happens in the future.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure I will and will rate as excellent. Whilst you're there can I ask a quick follow on that may be related? I used to have my printer connected to the Time Capsule and then it stopped working so I had to directly connect it to the iMac. Now we've resolved the lease issue, I've tried to reconnect the printer via the Time Capsule, but can't 'find' the printer. Is this issue related?

It may be, though it can be the port on the Capsule that is the problem.

It is not a straight forward one Andrew, and can be a number of issues.

We would need to start eliminating the potential causes for this.

If you wish to do this, can I ask if you could make a new question for it?

Is this ok, and rate me on this one?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks anyway, Richie, although I'll look at this another time. In the meantime, thanks again and I'll do your rating now.

Thank you Andrew.

If you need anything else, please let me know