Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

When I sync, a message pops up to upgrade to 6.13 but when

When I sync, a message pops up to upgrade to 6.13 but when I click update & download it says I have purchased items on my ipad that i need to download first or I will loose them. I don't know what they are, or how to find them, or how to download (update first). Where do I start? I still have OS 4. something and want to get icloud.

Thank you for contacting I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

Can you tell me if you are using Windows or Mac?

Is your PC authorized to your iTunes account?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Window 7 yes PC is authorized to itunes account

OK do the following:

Connect your iPad to the syncing PC.

You should now see your iPad listed on the left pane. Right click on it and on the menu click on "Transfer Purchses". That will transfer any purchases you have made directly on the iPad to your PC.

When it is complete try and perform the update on your iPad.

Let me know how you make out. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have plugged my ipad in but nothing on the left. No ipad listing, no listing at all. A window in the center pops up wanting to know if I want to open the ipad files or download pictures. Right clicking on it does nothing. Left click only goes to the pictures folder and thumbnails of the pictures. There is nothing that says "Transfer Purchases" that I can find.

In iTunes at the top if you see View click on it and from the drop down select "Show Sidebar".

If you don't have View at the top of your iTunes screen. Top left there small icon box which is half shaded and also has a small drop down arrow.

Click on it on the drop down select Show Menu Bar. Now you should see View.

Once you have the Sidebar displayed on the left pane. You will see Devices under it your iPad listed. Right click on it and select Transfer Purchases.

Let me know how you make out.
Hi Gregory,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,