Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

when I put in a cd and import it into my itunes it imports

when I put in a cd and import it into my itunes it imports one track at a time and is not in the album form. Once the tracks are imported they stay in the track form and not i can't not gather them into album content. What am I doing wrong
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

I need a bit more information from you before we start troubleshooting.

What I understand is when you import a CD into itunes, they are listed as songs, but not as albums, correct?

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes correct they are listed as individual tracks. i can play the track, rename the track, etc but I can't gather them into an album

Thank you, Lauri.

First of all, let's check whether an album view will list them as albums.

If not, let me know, we will group them into albums.

If you are using an older version of itunes, click on the View menu at the top (where it shows File, Edit, View, Controls etc). Click on View > as album (or as grid).

If you are using the newest version of itunes, have a look at the following figure. It will give you an idea on how to view as albums.

graphic

Let me know if the songs are still separated in the album view. We will change the settings to group them into albums
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am operating on the newest version similar to the one you gave me a view of. Yes the songs are still separated in the album view also separated in the artist view. Under perferences import using is AAC Encoder and setting is itunes plus. Under the advanced heading, I have check to keep the media folder organized

Let's try this.

Select all the songs that belong to the same album (you can select them by holding down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and clicking on the songs).

Once done, right click on the highlighted area and select "get info". It will ask you whether to edit for multiple items. Click on yes.

Now, give an album name and artist name and go to the "options" tab. There, select "part of compilation" and select it as yes.

Now click on OK. Let's see whether they are grouped into the same album now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes that worked perfectly...thank you will I need to repeat these step again in the future should i import another cd?

Great to know that...:)

In some cases, yes you need to do this manually.

Not all CD's are read correctly by itunes. There are several causes why the songs in an album are not grouped together.

Some are mentioned in the following website

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1468

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products