Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I purchased Final Cut Pro X a week ago after using the trial

I purchased Final Cut Pro X a week ago after using the trial version for a month. About 12% into exporting (sharing) my project as an master file H.264 quicktime movie I get the message "error occurred creating frame 5565 (error-1)." I didn't have this problem with the trial version. What is this indicating and how can it be resolved?
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Version 10.8.3

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Verified disk and was ok - so clicked Repair Permissions - permissions repair complete.

Open App Store and make sure you are updated to FCP X 10.0.8
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. 10.0.8

OK quit FCP, go here and download Preference Manager use it to back up your FCP Preferences if you want then clear the Preferences. Start it up and try exporting again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, but from where do I download the Preference Manager?

I added the link after sorry:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I downloaded Preference Manager and hit the "Backup" button. Now there is a "Restore" button at the bottom of the window. I assume I don't click that at this time?

How do I clear the Preferences?

Apologies, I'm not much of a techie.

Select your app and then on the trash icon:

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I did that. Now the final cut is backed-up.

A restore button is at the bottom of the Preference Manager window. Do I hit that yet?

How do I clear Preferences?

No just trash them it will make new default prefs that is what we want it doesn’t sound like you need the old ones back you are still learning. That is really for experienced users who want things just right.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm still not clear. Are you saying to trash Preferences? If so, how do I do that? Again, the Preference Manager window is open an icon of my backup material and a "restore" button at the bottom of the window. I have not re-opened FCPX yet.

Did you look at the picture?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. But as I said, I passed that part of the process. Now the window displays an icon of my backup material and a "restore" button at the bottom of the window. What do I do next?

Click on the Trash icon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok - FCPX, FCPX Trial and Compresser are checked. I click the "trash" button now?

Yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Done. Now do I open FCPX and try to export again?

Yes please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The same thing happened. I received this message:

Share Operation Master has failed - operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating frame 4682 (error-1)

Select the project and go to File / Delete Project Render Files then try sharing again. What settings are you using to Share and also what is the resolution and format of the original vide clips?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Settings:

Format - Audio & Video

Video Codec - H.264

Resolution: 1920x1080

Open with: QuickTime Player (default)

Roles as: QuickTime Movie

Try Video Codec: Source - ??? if that export does not work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Delete project render files worked! Thank you so much!

Great!!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. Thanks.