Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

Customer Question

I have a MacBook Pro, with a DVD loaded, but isn't recognized, the computer doesn't recognize there's a disk. I'm unable to eject it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear that you are not able to eject the DVD...:(

Can you try restarting the computer and immediately holding down the mouse button or the trackpad button (for about 30 sec).

Let's see whether that ejects the disc.

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No dice, Vinod.

Let's try a restart again and this time immedidately hold down the eject button on the keyboard for some time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when you say immediately, do you mean as soon as the computer begins to start up, or wait until it's completely up and running and ready to function?

It should be done as soon as the computer starts up
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nope. (I'd also like verification that I've NOT signed up for a membership and that I'm not going to find a monthly charge on my credit card.)

I am not sure whether you have signed up for any membership. I don't have any access to that area. You would need to check it with the JustAnswer customer support.

If you had signed up for any membership, you can turn that off by going to the following website

Regarding our issue: On your mac, let's go to Finder\Applications\Utilities and open "Terminal".

There, type "drutil eject" (without quotes) and hit enter.

Let's see whether the CD ejects.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Then I am afraid you need to take it into any apple store nearby to eject the disc.

You can also find a very tiny hole just adjacent to the DVD drive. If you have any pointed object, you can insert that into that hole (applying a little force) and check whether the DVD comes out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm fully aware of the option to take it to the Apple store. I entered your website to prevent that from having to happen. Now I wonder how your website can state that it guarantees full satisfaction. I could have gone to the Apple store without your recommendation. So - does this mean I still will be charged the $28 fee even though you have not resolved my issue?

Indeed we guarantee full satisfaction.

Please don't rate my service and you can use the following link to go for a refund.