Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Is there ANY way to open AppleWorks 6 documents now? I have

Is there ANY way to open AppleWorks 6 documents now? I have quite a few useful documents in that format that I'd like to access. It seems so wrong of Apple to just abandon one of their own programs.
Yes iWork should be able to open those if they were saved with the last available version of Appleworks. Do you have iWork?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I do. I have iWork 08. Which do I use to open a cwk from Appleworks 6?

That could be ClariskWorks which may not open. Open Pages and drag the file to the Pages icon in the Dock. Can you still run Appleworks on that computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I cannot run any Appleworks at all. The message I get is that it is "no longer supported".

OK basically if the files have been opened and re-saved with the last version of Appleworks, here, which can only run on Snow Leopard or earlier then they will open with iWork. Did Pages open that file?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it didn't open in Pages because it was created in a "draw" format and Pages will only open word processing docs.

If you can open Appleworks on another Mac with 10.6 or earlier system and re-save those documents using Appleworks 6.2.9 you will be able to open them using iWork. Can you send me that file so I can test it?

Go here with any web browser:

Choose Select Files and navigate to your file(s) to upload or you can also just drag the file(s) to the Upload box, then click on Start Uploading Files or Cancel. When it asks for a description put in your or username. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll try to send it to you. I know this is probably a very stupid question, but what is my user name for is it my email address?

I don't know that sorry all I see is:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's OK the upload went through without it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think it uploaded without the ID

OK it opened fine with Pages '09 so if you just upgrade to that you should be fine. See here:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Mike, I sent you the wrong document. Let me try again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It uploaded

Give me a minute
OK I can open it and save it as Photoshop or jpg see here:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How did you open it? I am downloading Pages 09 as we speak, but it has to be open to save it as something else, like a jpg, right?

I'm afraid that file can only be opened with AppleWorks and then saved as PSD or JPG so you will need to get Appleworks running on another computer or you can install Snow Leopard on a separate disk with AppleWorks to convert those files. Unless you just have a few and I can do it for you.