John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

how do i move a picture from i photo to desktop to make a screen

how do i move a picture from i photo to desktop to make a screen saver? thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Are you wanting to use the photo as a desktop background or to only show when the screen goes blank (as a screen saver)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

desktop background

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Don.

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menubar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10.6.8

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again.

In most cases, you can do this directly in System Preferences.

From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.

In the window, click Desktop & Screen Saver, then click the Desktop tab to display just the desktop preferences.

If you want to use a photo from your iPhoto Library, select "iPhoto" or "Library" in the left pane. (It may take a minute or two for the option to appear).

Click the down arrow, if needed, to select from a list of Events or Albums.

In the right pane, click any thumbnail to place the image on the desktop.

Once finished, you can close the System Preferences window.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion prior to rating. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to positively rate my service .

Thanks and good luck,
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ years in the computer/Mac industry