John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

My Ipad will not unlock so i cannot open it

Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Is the iPad "frozen" so that you can not enter the passcode or have you forgotten the passcode itself?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the ipad is frozen will not open

Thanks, Robert.

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your iOS device (iPod touch/iPad/iPhone) by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the iOS device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds.

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see are the Apple logo followed by the home screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion prior to rating. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question and if so please don't forget to positively rate my service .

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your help it works now

You are very welcome!

I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another question. I can be reached directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/