Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I cannot launch outlook for mac - I have tried to close the

Customer Question

I cannot launch outlook for mac - I have tried to close the "Microsoft outlook daemon" from activity monitor several times - I have launched in safe mode - I have tried to "rebuild main identity" - not sure what to. D other than reinstall and risk losing a load or critical records.....!!!!! Can u help? Thank you! Don
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hi Don,

What happens when you try to launch Outlook?

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The icon either poises and stops or it bounces thendisappears
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I'd like to start a remote support session with you. This mean I'll be able to look at your screen together with you, and help you personally.

Would that be ok with you?

Appreciated!

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let's try it
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Please click here to start.

Important - if we are connected within 5 minutes, something is now working right.
Please come back to justanswer.com and let me know - we will try something else!

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
James -are you there still
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I am here Don - did you click my link to connect to me via remote support?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did however we have a roubles with remote access because I am talking to you form an iPad not the iMac with which I have the problem - how can you remote onto my imac
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Oh - I understand.

Please put this URL on the Mac for us to connect:

http://tinyurl.com/cqrtgds

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done it !! It is installing some java stuff
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Great - waiting for you to join...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still installing the java applicatin
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
No problem - I'm waiting patiently.

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having difficulty downloading the java applications needed to chat to you
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Don,

Let's try a different way.

Go to www.join.me

Select Share and once you run it, give me the meeting ID so I can join.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the java applicationss say they have downloads and installed - I will try option "b"
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay - I'm waiting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Downloaded it but need a code to join a meeting
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Don, I was hoping to do this for you, but since we can't seem to connect - can you please try to do this?

1. Quit all applications.
  2. On the Go menu, click Home.
  3. Open Library.
    Note The Library folder is hidden in MAC OS X Lion. To display this folder, hold down the OPTION key while you click the Go menu.

4. Open Preferences, and then drag the following files to the desktop:
    • com.microsoft.Outlook.plist
    • com.microsoft.outlook.database_daemon.plist
    • com.microsoft.outlook.database_utility.plist
    • com.microsoft.outlook.office_reminders.plist
    • com.microsoft.Outlook.SyncServicesPreferences.plist
    Note: If you cannot find one of these files, continue to the next. Some of these files may not have been created if an Outlook feature was not used.
  5. Open Outlook. Does the problem occur?

Thanks!

J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't we try to get onto the web chat site?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Yes - but you need to do the sharing, you have to run the file, and then you will get a code that you must give to me...

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have got a little box form join me with a code ..... 870-246-627. Any good?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Great - thanks!