Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

Customer Question

Hi Apple Team,

My iPhone is locked.I live in Gaston,Oregon.How do I unlock it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

When you say locked do you mean you cannot get into the iPhone because you have forgotten the PIN code?

Or your cell phone is locked and you cannot use on another carrier?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The PIN is loced.

also we entered some password XXXXX the phone is disabled.

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
OK, thanks for the clarification.

There is a way to get pass the PIN lock. Unfortunately it will require you resetting the phone back to factory reset for security purposes. That will wipe the phone of any data.

Please follow the instructions below carefully.

To do so it will need to be put into Recovery mode. Then you will need to restore the iPhone through iTunes.

Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your PC.

Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button(top of iPhone) at the same time.

After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

You should receive a message in iTunes that your device is in recovery mode.

The iPhone screen will remain black.

NOTE***: It may take a few attempts to get your iPhone into Recovery mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!

Once in the Recovery mode click on Restore in "iTunes" to restore the iPhone. You can then sync your iPhone to iTunes to restore your media.

If you have any questions please reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,