Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have Mac OS X 10.5.8 - When I try open Safari the display

Customer Question

I have Mac OS X 10.5.8 - When I try open Safari the display comes up behind the Dock and can not be seen. Other functions do not have this problem.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When did this problem started ? Have you did any updates prior to this problem ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robert,
First we can reset the Safari's preferences to default settings. Force Quit Safari by pressing Command + Option + Esc keys. From Force Quit window, select Safari and click Force Quit.

Then goto Macintosh HD/Users/[your user name]/Library/Preferences folder and trash the file ""

If you can see a file named, them trash it too.

Then goto Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk Macintosh HD in left column. Click Verify Disk and then Repair Disk. Click Repair Permission. Then restart your Mac and try Safari.

(Add a bookmark of this page, so we won't lose our connection and you can get back to me any time you want via that bookmark)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Please reply back here. Unfortunately, I can't call you. JustAnswer won't allow me to call you. It is against the policy and I'm allowed to help on from here.

If you tell me at which step you have trouble, I will walk you through it. It is very simple to do. Please let me know..

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
HI there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help.

If you have not returned from an info request/Answer I sent out, please do so now so I can help you resolve this concern. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,