Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

I have upgraded the software at my office. I was asked to re-enter

Customer Question

I have upgraded the software at my office. I was asked to re-enter the password XXXXX my office network and was able to join it successfully.
I am now trying to join my home network.
I was asked to enter the password XXXXX when I did so, nothing seemed to happen.
Now when it gives me the various networks available; I chose my home network, but there is no reaction on the phone.
What can I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I will assist.

I'm sorry about the network issue. Please disconnect the power cord from your wireless modem/router for a couple of minutes, then reconnect.

Then please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together on the iPhone for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then see if you can connect to your network.

If that does not work, on the iPhone, please go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset network settings. Then go to Settings, Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

Please reply and let me know if it works or not; I will help further as needed. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I was able to join the network through a different way. The problem is solved.
Great. You're welcome. You can use my instructions in the future if needed for fully rebooting the iPhone and/or reset the network settings. If you have any other electronic/computer/network/etc. issue, please let me know any time. Thank you very much