Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

my daughter does not remember her pass code for her ipod touch.

my daughter does not remember her pass code for her ipod touch. What cn we do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You have to restore the iPod from iTunes on your computer. You can restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPod to working condition (by over riding the passcode screen). Put your iPod to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPod to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPod to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPod Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore button

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPod will remain blank. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode.

If you don't have iTunes on your computer, download and install it from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

restoring ipod software is what it is saying

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is correct. Let it complete. After restoring, you will have to setup it as new iPod. Everything on the iPod will be erased and that is the ONLY way to fix the problem. But if you've purchased anything from App Store or iTunes Store, they can be redownloaded for free.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not familiar with the ipod. This is my daughter's. Now what do I do?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Does it restored successfully ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The screen now says"this computer has previously been synced

with an ipod or another ios devise. and set up as a new ipod/restore from backup.

FYI my daugher also has an iphone so she has been downloading music

from itunes on her iphone because her ipod touch is locked

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Select Setup as New iPod and continue. Let me know if you have any trouble setting it up.

If asked to do erase and sync, just continue.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Click Ok on all messages and just setup it as new iPod. Then you can start syncing the iPod with the computer. Let me know if you have any trouble setting it up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my ipod is saying "sync in progress". When its done, then what do I do?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
When it is finished, disconnect it from your PC and you can start using it. Your iPod is now restored to working condition.

To sync Musics, Videos, Apps etc from your computer to iPod, please follow the steps below;
  • Connect the iPod to your computer
  • Open iTunes and in iTunes, select your iPod under Devices in left column or select iPod in the top right.
  • To Sync Musics, click on Musics tab next to Summary, Apps etc and enable "Sync Musics" option. Then click the Apply or Sync button
  • Do the same for Videos, Apps etc

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My card now gets charged only $38 right?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Please note that I've no access to any of your account details. Please contact our customer support at support@justanswer.com if you have any account related questions.

If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me Positively.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. excellent service!

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome :)

Don't forget to select the excellent smiley face and hit submit button if asked, to rate.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Reagrds,