Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

Since upgrading my iMac to OSX 10.6.8 I cant transfer images

Since upgrading my iMac to OSX 10.6.8 I can't transfer images from my Canon PowerShot A1000 IS. At first a message said the function wasn't initialized. I reinstalled the Canon program using the disc you provided. Now when I click on the CameraWindow icon I get a message: "This program cannot be installed directly." What should I do? Thanks. Michael XXXXX

Hello Michael, my name is Dan.

My home is close to Lake Ontario in New York State in the Eastern time zone, I am generally online between 10 AM and 11 PM Eastern standard Time.

From what did you upgrade from? I mean to get to 10.6.8?

There is more than one way to import from the camera besides that software.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dan,

I upgraded from 10.5.8. Hope that helps.

Michael

P.S. I'm also in EDT, Boston area.

This should help, updated software for your new OS X.

This is the page I found it.

If it asks for OS, select Mac OS, then 10.6.

Try that and see what you get.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I clicked on download, nothing happened. Did I miss a step?

What browser do you use?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

safari

Good, then in the menu bar click on Window and select Downloads.
It will have a list that will show what has been downloaded, it will also show you where it is.
graphic
It will look like the above.
If what you wanted to download is in that list try it again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't see it in downloads and tried again a couple of times, using the first link you sent as before. When I click on download there is no sign that the computer is doing anything with it. No little wheel spinning, for example.

I just tried it myself and it did what it should. You are agreeing on the disclaimer?
graphic
Once you do that this will start in the Downloads window.
graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It started and showed up in the Downloads window. When I clicked on the downloaded item a window appeared for a couple of second saying the file was being opened. But it if it opened I can't see it anywhere.

It will open as a hard drive that will be on the desktop.
Open it like any external hard drive, double click the installer and follow the steps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found it and did it before I received your answer. Installation was acknowledged. Just tested it. OK! I think this does it. Many thanks.

As a bonus this will explain about permissions and how to repair them. It will open in Safari and you can save it with Preview.

Repairing Permissions

graphic

Glad to be of service, enjoy.