Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Hey i have and ipod with a totally cracked screen, needs a

Hey i have and ipod with a totally cracked screen, needs a new headphone jack replaced and the front home button replaced! My ipod just sent me and email about my one year warranty expiring in a few days! What does it take to send it over to you guys and will it be free charge with available warranty or not?
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Good and bad news.
The good.
You can still buy the extended care that gives you 2 more years.

The bad.
It does not cover accidental damage, if the screen was the result of a manufacturing defect then it is covered, if it was broken any other way, it is not. That is at the discretion of the tech who looks at it.

They may replace it for a nominal fee, if you ask very nice.

If it were an iPhone that type of damage would be covered twice for $50 each. The iPod does not have that option.

I think you should take it to an APple store before the warranty runs out and see what they will do. Apple has the best service of any electronics anywhere.

Do not wait.
I hope I have been helpful.