Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Hi, I have a Mac Mini with the latest software. This is a

I have a Mac Mini with the latest software. This is a new (to me) computer. My photo programs and even the Finder will not make new folders, allow file renaming, or allow saving files. I have checked the picture folder permissions and used Disc Utility to repair file permissions, but still does not work.
Thanks,
Nick

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you with your issue, I will need additional information from you. Can you explain to me what you are trying to accomplish? Also when you mention photo program, are you referring to iphoto?

Customer:

Hi Michelle,

Appleologist :

Hi Nick :)

Customer:

You might need to supply me a way to finish this latter. I am not in front of the Mac now. Photo Mechanic and Adobe Photoshop Elements will not allow the making of new folders, moving or saving files, or anything with the file system.

Appleologist :

Are you trying to make folders within Photo Mechanic and Adobe Photoshop Or are you trying to make folders within finder?

Customer:

Both, and neither work

Appleologist :

Can you walk me through how you are trying creating folders in finder?

Customer:

I think - control> click >make new folder

Appleologist :

You can actually make a new folder in Finder by choosing File from the top menu and then selecting. New Folder. This will create an untiled folder which you can then rename. Here is what it looks like

Full Size Image

Customer:

I am going to have to finish this when I am at home in front of the Mac. So I am going to click the 'Save and Exit' link and do this tonight. Thanks so far.

Appleologist :

You are so welcome. I will chat with you later tonight

Customer:

Send me email instuctions if there is a way to resume this later.

Appleologist :

You can actually bookmark this chat Or use this URL link to get back to the chat. http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/7n3eg-hi-i-mac-mini-latest-software.html

Appleologist :

There should also be a link in your email address

Appleologist :

Hi Nick. I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to create folders within finder