MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

I am using an ibook 3G OS X 10.3 Panther as a word processor

I am using an ibook 3G OS X 10.3 Panther as a word processor but in my ignorance I have only just discovered the appleworks 6 is no more!!!! How and with what should I replace it as I have upward of 40,000 words to save somehow!!!
kind regards,
Mac Moore

MacTechTrainer :

Hello and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac. I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

MacTechTrainer :

Hello, I see you coming in and out of this chat

MacTechTrainer :

are you able to see my replies here ok?

Customer:

Good evening Terry, Yes very well

MacTechTrainer :

Great!

MacTechTrainer :

Ok now I just read your question and I think I may have an answe

MacTechTrainer :

"answer"- sorry

MacTechTrainer :

If you would not mind I need just about 2-3 minutes to source the correct information for you from my tech database

Customer:

Fine, no problem Terry

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks- be right back

MacTechTrainer :

Try this free Office Suite made 9 years ago for Mac OS X 10.3 Panther called Open Office

MacTechTrainer :

the version I would recommend you download is Open Office v 1.1.2

Customer:

I shall look for a download and trust that will solve my problem!

MacTechTrainer :

That download for Open Office is the way to go

MacTechTrainer :

because it is supposed to by design, convert AppleWorks documents

MacTechTrainer :

I have tried it when I had my iBook G4 with Mac OS X 10.4 and it worked

MacTechTrainer :

now you do have an older version of iBook and Mac OS X than I did with my iBook, but it still should work

MacTechTrainer :

did you see the link I provided for you to download and install the version of Open Office 1.1.2, which is compatible with Mac OS X 10.3 Panther?

Customer:

Thank you!

MacTechTrainer :

No worries

MacTechTrainer :

The only other word processing software I can think of that would work with your AppleWorks documents would be Microsoft Office 2004

Customer:

Thank you so much for your help!

MacTechTrainer :

Anytime Mac!

MacTechTrainer :

And I thank you very much for allowing me to assist you. Keep in mind also, if you Accept any of my answers, it does not mean the session is over, especially if the issue

MacTechTrainer :

If you are satisfied that I have resolved your question to your satisfaction, please feel free to rate my service as we are always glad to know how are customers feel about their experience with us. Your Positive Feedback is also very appreciated!

MacTechTrainer :

you received help from me, comes back.

MacTechTrainer :

If all is well however, then there is no need to return. If you want to be cautious however, you are welcome to bookmark (or add to your Favorites if using Internet Explorer) this session in your web browser so you can come back to this session and alert me.