Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.

My Ipad constantly says it has not been backed up and that

My Ipad constantly says it has not been backed up and that I need to plug it in or connect to wifi to backup. I already did this but it still shows the same message. I now cannot unlock it cause the message will not go away

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

From what you are describing, it sounds like your iPad may be frozen. Lets try a soft reset first to see if that will resolve your issue. To to this, press and hold both the sleep and home button for 30 secs or until the apple logo appears. The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button on the bottom front bezel of your ipad

Appleologist :

Full Size Image

Appleologist :

Please let me know if that did not work so we can continue to troubleshoot