Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

Have installed TurboTax Premier but when double click on icon

Can't get TurboTax to come up on screen.

What OS are you running? ie. 10.5.6 or 10.7.2

If you click on the Apple icon in the top left and choose about this mac. It will tell you the version number.

What version of TurboTax?

Is this the first time using Turbo Tax?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

-OS 10.6.3

-Turbo Tax Premier

- Have used TurboTax for the last 7 or 8 years

Click on the picture of a face all the way on the left-hand side of your dock. Click on Go at the very top and Choose Home

This will bring up your home folder. Go into a folder called Library and then another folder called Preferences.

Locate the file com.intuit.TurboTax.20XX.plist (replace XX with the 2-digit tax year for the problematic program) and drag it to the Trash. Empty the Trash.

Open Turbo Tax

If you still are having issues opening the program after this. Please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Face at left on dock did not produce Go at top or "home" but it did produce a 2nd column which had "library" in it, then "preferences" which had com.intuit.TurboTax.2011.plist. Replaced this 2011 with 2012 (which is the problematic year) and dragged this to Trash. Emptied Trash. Double clicked on TurboTrash 2012 icon and got initial TurboTax install window on which you drag to right to install which says TurboTax 2012 already exists in this location and asks if I want to replace it. Further clicking on TurboTax icon brings up nothing.

by very top. I mean very top of the monitor not the top of the window. After clicking on the face icon starting on the left-hand side of the monitor you should see apple icon, Finder, File, Edit, View, Go

Click on Go at the very top and Applications
Double click on Turbo Tax here. Let me know if it opens here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, if I click the TurboTax icon I still just get the initial TurboTax window to drag the TurboTax check mark symbol to the right to Applications symbol "to install"

You might have done this already but please try the following to start fresh and let me know if there is no change

Go into the Applications folder and drag TurboTax to the trash
Empty the Trash
Put in the disk and install again.
When you are finishing. Eject the disk
Go into Applications and open Turbo Tax
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I eject disk I lose the TurboTax icon and have nothing to click on to open TurboTax, and it's no longer listed under Applications.

O ok. It sounds like your making a shortcut instead.

Drag the Turbo Tax icon to your desktop. This will copy the application.

Eject the disk and then open turbo tax from your desktop
Thanks for the positive rating and bonus. Please come back again if you need anymore help.