Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

i accidentally deleted programs using mackeeper how do i restore

i accidentally deleted programs using mackeeper how do i restore them?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

If it was Safari it is no big deal. I do recommend uninstalling MacKeeper, however, I have seen it do more harm than any good it does.
Are you on the iMac now and if so what browser are you using?
What version of OS X is on the iMac? Look in the Apple menu in 'About this Mac'.
graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

firefox using Mac OS X

10.5.8

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then you need a new copy of Safari. There are a couple of ways to do this.
You can use the grey installation disks to install a new copy using this utility to make it easy.
Pacifist You can use it free for a few times, please read the documentation carefully. It is easy to use but it isn't real intuitive.

Or you can download a copy here.Safari 5.0.6 for Leopard

Once downloaded, install it and all is well.
For maintaining your Mac use the tools on board.

Basic Maintenance

Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i tried the safari link and it said it could not be saved because an unknown error occurred and that i should try saving it to a different location but it is not giving an option of where to save it

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Kim, bookmark this page and quit Firefox, then reopen it and try again. It nay be only a glitch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it still did not work maybe i need to reinstall the main program?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That is what we are trying to do.
Safari is an application that lives in the Application folder.
Can you tell me just what it was you did to lose Safari?
That may give me a better idea of what comes next.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I deleted multiple things using uninstalled on mackeeper....
I located the grey discs and I am re- installing now I will let you know if it works...
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That will put it back depending on what you selected, it will probably require updates to get it back up to speed.
Make sure you repair permissions after installing, please. It does make a difference.

Repairing Permissions

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will let you know
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like things are working I still have some fine tuning to do ....
What is the best way to uninstall Mackeeper? where is basic maintenance located to use in the future?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Kim, open the PDF with Preview using this.
graphic
Click that, it will be in the bottom of the browser window with the PDF open. Then you can save it where you like for future reference.

This is what I use to uninstall things like MacKeeper if it does not have an uninstaller of its own.

Most apps you just drag to the trash and that i enough, with MacKeeper, uninstall it, it puts things where they should not be.

So you once again have Safari and all is well in the world?

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am getting there:)
Thank you Daniel
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, should you have more issues with this let me know.