Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I cant get roboform to open on my Mac

I can't get roboform to open on my Mac
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do I need to re-download through my Firefox?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't matter. From their website, I read that Roboform doesn't work with Chrome. It does support both Firefox and Safari. We can verify whether it is installed properly or not.

First add a bookmark of this page, so we won't lose our connection. Then close all browsers

Then, goto Macintosh HD > Applications folder and trash the application RoboForm

Then goto Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support and trash the folder RoboForm

Then goto Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences folder and trash the file com.Sybersystems.RoboForm.plist

Open your browser and download the latest version of RoboForm from here : http://www.roboform.com/dist/roboform-mac.dmg

Open the downloaded the roboform-mac.dmg file. Now, click and drag the RoboForm icon to the Applications folder (in the roboform installer window)

Again close all browsers. Goto Macintosh HD > Applications folder and open RoboForm application. Setup RoboForm in there by following onscreen instructions.

Then open Safari and you can find RoboForm toolbar. Or open Firefox and it will ask you to install the RoboForm addon. Select "Allow This Installation" option and click Continue. Then resart Firefox.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ashik:

Thank you for your patience with me in advance! How do I fiind Macintosh HD?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No Problem William. I will stay with you until we sort this out. Macintosh HD is your hard disk/home disk. You can access it from either desktop or from Finder, in left column.

It may have another name like Mac HD, My HD etc. See a sample picture below;
graphic

If you are unable to find those files in these locations, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still can't find it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi William, Find what ? Macintosh HD or the RoboForm application itself and its files ? Which one ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Macintosh HD.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Open any Finder window and can you see Macintosh HD (any name with hard disk like icon) in the left. See picture below;
graphic
Still can't find it ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
See this picture too William,
graphic
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi William,
Just checking, how is it going ?

If you have any difficulty in following any of my instructions, please let me know and I'll walk you through the steps one by one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, not so well. I've clicked on and uninstalled the roboform downloads. I THINK!! The roboform icon still appeared on my desktop tray so I trashed it too. Do I go back to your other response now? I never found the Macintosh HD.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You are using a Mac. Right ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Yes, now follow the steps below;

Again close all browsers. Goto your Applications folder and you can find the RoboForm application. From there open RoboForm application. Setup RoboForm in there by following onscreen instructions. This is very important step.

Please let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Didn't work. Is it because I'm downloading with Chrome?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No, it doesn't matter. At which step do you have trouble ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Opening the roboform application. i get the error reading that it's not allowed because of blah blah blah

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Could you please tell me what is the exact error are you getting ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Roboform cannot be used as it is from an unidentified developer. Your security preferences allow intall of only apps from Mac App Store and ID's developers.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Thanks William. That helped. To fix that error, goto System Preferences (from Apple menu). In System Preferences, open Security and Privacy. Click on General tab. Select Anywhere under the Allow Applications downoaded from option. Close it and now try to open the RoboForm application. Did that work ?
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

William, here are the screenshots for reference. See below;

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That worked! Thank you!

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome :)

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you like my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do!

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Thank You William :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am still unable to do find Macintosh HD

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Macintosh HD is just a reference name to your hard disk. Macintosh HD is your hard disk where you store all your files. To make it available on your desktop/home screen, click on any empty area of your desktop, click on Finder menu and select Preferences

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Under General tab, under Show there items on desktop, select Hard Disks option. Close it and you can find your hard disk on the desktop

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

See this Youtube video for reference : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe32StN3ceU&feature=player_embedded

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi William,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,